I’m so happy to bring you this super Easy Macaron Recipe. Macarons have always been a special treat in my life. Since I can remember, I’ve associated them with luxury, decadence and worldly sophistication. (Full disclosure, this is not a plant based recipe, because lets be honest- sometimes the real thing cannot be successfully duped. Macarons are of those things.)
What’s even more special is learning to master what I love most. Over the last several years I’ve tried, failed, and finally successfully- made hundreds of macarons. It’s true what they say, they ARE pretty tricky. It takes finesse and practice, but mostly it requires time and patience. Much like anything worth while in life, right?
Today, I can make macarons whenever a special moment comes along and sharing them with the people I love, is by far the best part. This is the best easy macaron recipe I’ve used so far, I have all the faith that you can make them too!
Easy Macaron Recipe
- Kitchen Mixer
- 2 Bowls
- Piping Bag and Tip
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper or Bake Mats
- 1 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 3 Large Egg Whites (room temp)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Drops Food Color (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract (or other extract like: lemon, pistachio, almond, coconut, etc)
- Line 3 baking sheets with bake mats or parchment paper.
- Combine powdered sugar and almond flour in a bowl, sift the mixture together well.
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt on medium speed until foamy. Increase speed to high and slowly add in the white sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form (about 5 more minutes)
- Then, slowly fold the sugar and almond flour mixture into the egg white peaks, by drawing a rubber spatula halfway through the mixture and scrapping gently until fully incorporated. (You don’t want to OVER MIX and lose the fluffiness)
- Add food coloring and vanilla extract. Continue folding and turning, scraping down the bowl, until the batter is smooth and falls off the spatula in a thin flat ribbon.
- Scoop batter into a pastry bag with a 1/4-inch round tip.
- Hold the bag upright and close to the baking sheet, pipe 1 1/4 inch circles (a little bigger than a quarter)
- Carefully tap the baking sheets against the counter to free any air bubbles
- Let the macarons sit out until they are no longer sticky when you touch them. (Usually 45 minutes- 1 hour)
- Preheat the oven to 320 degrees
- Bake one cookie sheet at a time for 12 to 14 minutes and rotate tray halfway through
- Cookies should be shiny and slightly rise to form a "foot"
- Transfer to a rack to cool completely. Peel the cookies off the mats and sandwich with a thin layer of filling. (see ideas below)
But what’s a macaron without its filling, right? This easy macaron recipe pairs beautifully with a myriad of filling flavors. Let’s explore a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
Easy Macaron Recipe Filling Ideas
- Classic Buttercream: Versatile and easy to flavor, from vanilla and chocolate to more adventurous options like lavender or pistachio.
- Chocolate Ganache: A rich, decadent choice that’s as simple as it is delicious. Perfect for chocolate lovers.
- Lemon Curd: Offers a tangy contrast to the sweet macaron shells, ideal for those who prefer a bit of tartness.
- Salted Caramel: A luscious filling that balances sweetness with a hint of saltiness, creating a complex flavor profile.
- Fruit Jam: For a lighter, fruitier option, choose your favorite jam. Raspberry and apricot are particularly divine.
The beauty of this easy macaron recipe is its versatility. Once you’ve mastered the basic technique, the world is your oyster in terms of experimenting with different colors, flavors, and fillings. Remember, the key to perfect macarons is patience and practice. Even if they don’t turn out perfect the first time, each batch is a step closer to mastering this elegant dessert.
I hope this easy macaron recipe inspires you to put on your apron and conquer any fears of baking macarons. With a little bit of love and a lot of enthusiasm, you’ll be whipping up these chic treats like a pro. Keep experimenting with different fillings and find your signature macaron that will wow your friends and family.
There you have it, folks – an easy macaron recipe that’s sure to impress, with endless possibilities for customization. Happy baking, and remember, the journey to perfect macarons is as sweet as the destination!
Find all the baking supplies you might need on my Amazon Bake Shop
If you like this recipe you might love Living Prana Pancakes too. Be sure to keep an eye out for more culinary adventures and tips to make everyday cooking extraordinary!
Until next time…