Project 7 is a plant based, specialty gum and candy brand whose mission is as ambitious as it is delicious. With unique and crave-worthy flavors, when you pop this candy in your mouth you enter a whole new candy experience and happen to be helping people around the world in 7 major ways at the same time.
I see Project 7 Candy as our very own, real-life, modern day Willy Wonka, but this time instead of implying the messages of goodness though a crazy factory tour, Project 7 is out there living the goodness, making it happen in healthier ways than ever!
Tyler Merrick was a successful entrepreneur and benefactor-for-good across many organizations for most of his life.
It was in 2008 when Tyler found himself irking to do more to help people through his business ventures. He wanted to be a catalyst for change in a constantly inward consumer-centric culture.
His solution was simple, “Lets make everyday products, for everyday people, to solve everyday problems around the globe”. In that moment Project 7 was born and Tyler became a social entrepreneur, dedicated to making “Products for Good”.
All of Project 7’s products are made fairly right here in America. They partner with non-profits making impacts in The United States and around the World in 7 major areas of need:
1. SAVE THE EARTH– More than an acre of rainforest is lost every second. From things like global warming to the extinction of plant and animal species, the consequences of deforestation are far reaching. Project 7 has planted 4.3 million tree’s and counting via PlantwithPurpose.org
2. HOUSE THE HOMELESS– Through your purchases, Project 7 has helped House the Homeless and give basic care for emergency relief shelters for those have lost a home as a result of natural disasters. They have provided shelter for people in need for 1.5 million hours to date.
3. FEED THE HUNGRY– Hunger may sound like an overseas issue, yet 1 in 10 American households experience related hunger. Project 7 has partnered with FeedingAmerican.org and ChildrensHungerFund.org and has provided 4 million meals in the United States alone.
4. QUENCH THE THIRSTY– Over 1 billion people around the world lack a basic supply of clean drinkable water. To date, Project 7 has provided 1.4 million months of clean water through LifeWater.Org and Splash.org
5. HEAL THE SICK– It’s hard to believe something as easily preventable like Malaria still claims the lives of at least a Million people per year. Project 7 helps has helped Heal the Sick and deliver life-saving Malaria medications to 116,000 people in need through PartnersinHealth.org
6. TEACH THEM WELL– Project 7 wants to give all children in developing nations a chance at a proper daily school education and brighten their futures, thats why they’ve provided 1.2 million hours of education through PencilsforPromise.org LoveDoes.Org and us.Camfed.org
7. HOPE FOR PEACE– Project 7 is striving to put a stop to bullying in U.S. schools. Thats why they’ve put over 35,000 students through Anti-bullying program through RachelsChallenge.org
Everyday you make tiny decisions that add up fast and actually matter. This applies to your diet and the brands you buy from.
Perhaps the next time you’re down the candy isle or standing at the self check out, your tiny purchase could give back to the world, in ways so much sweeter than just a sugar rush.
Check out all the delicious, guilt-free Gummies, Lolli’s and Gum flavors at Project7.com
TAKE 10% off use my code: ERINELIZABETH at checkout
and be sure to follow them on instagram @Project7
If you like healthy snacks, you might love HIPPEAS too!
Until next time…